Product Description & Reviews
Magic Origins is the 17th and last Magic core set. It is grouped as a two-set block with Dragons of Tarkir for the purposes of Standard rotation under the new regime. This set is strongly integrated with its digital counterpart Magic Duels: Origins. The set contains 272 cards, which is 3 more than the current default for large sets (101 Commons, 80 Uncommons, 55 Rares, 16 Mythic Rares, 20 Basic Land ). An additional 15 cards appear in the sample decks. As a first since Alpha, this Core Set features two new mechanics. R&D considers Magic Origins not to be the "last core set", but a "new beginning" relating to the start of the Two-Block Paradigm and a new treatment of the storyline. The latter involves telling coherent, in-depth stories about the characters and carrying those out over story arcs across multiple sets. To enable this storytelling, there are more new cards in this set than in previous Core Sets.
Features & Highlights
- This set will follow the origins stories of Gideon Jura, Jace Beleren, Liliana Vess, Chandra Nalaar, and Nissa Revane and their journey from mere mortals to Planeswalkers. It will feature two new mechanics as well!!
- Look for highly played reprints like Goblin Piledriver!!
- Each booster pack includes 15 cards to add to your collection-and you can expect one of those 15 to be a rare or mythic rare. Some packs even contain a premium foil card!
- Each booster box is brand new, sealed. Each box contains 36 booster packs, each pack contains 15 cards including at least 1 Rare and 3 Uncommon cards!
- Release Date: July 17th 2015
|Manufacturer:||Wizards of the Coast|
|Brand:||Magic: the Gathering|
|Publisher:||Wizards of the Coast|
|Studio:||Wizards of the Coast|
|Item Weight:||2 pounds|
|Item Size:||2.8 x 8.2 x 8.2 inches|
|Package Weight:||2.51 pounds|
|Package Size:||4.88 x 2.83 x 2.83 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.